SUMMER HEAT 2018!
SUMMER HEAT REGISTRATION IS NOW OPEN!
Need to register as a Sub? Or register for a Game Day? CLICK HERE.
- May 21st – All teams need 12 paid players on roster in order to be included in the schedule.
- May 21st – Players must be registered by this date to be guaranteed a tee shirt for the first game!
- June 11th – Summer Heat begins
- July 2nd - July 5th – No games
- July 26th – Summer Heat ends
- Men's I, Men's II and Men's Over 35
- Coed levels:
- Coed I
- Coed II
- Coed III
- Coed IV
- Coed V
- Coed VI
- Coed VII
- "I" and "II" are the most advanced levels for the more serious competitors
- "III" and "IV" and "V" are intermediate levels
- "VI" and "VII" are advanced recreational
NEW FOR SUMMER!!!
Based on popular request, we have opened up our "SUBSTITUTE PLAYER" program for the summer season based on the following:
- Teams must have 12 paid players before they are allowed to add a Sub Player.
- Sub Players must be 18 years of age before June 11, 2018, no exceptions.
- There are TWO steps to registering a Sub: 1. Player must register (one time only) and pay the Sub Player Fee (either $10 or $30, see below) AND 2. Player must register for EACH game day ($7.50 per game) in which they will be playing..
- Sub Fees: If the player was rostered in fall 2017 or spring 2018, the Sub Player Fee is $10. If the player did not play in one of the last two seasons, the Sub Player Fee is $30. Game Day Fees are $7.50 per game.
- Tee shirts are not provided for Sub Players.
Tuesday/Thursday: Men's I, II, Men's Over 35, Women and Coed III, IV and V
Monday/Wednesday: Coed I, II, VI and VII
Note: Alternate game days may occasionally be required.
FIELDS see maps for the WRAL Soccer Park
FORMAT: 7 vs. 7
- Minimum roster size is 12 players
- Coed teams must have 2 females on the field at all times
- Minimum of 5 players to start a game. Four or less players is a forfeit. No female players on a coed team is a forfeit.
- Twelve (12) game season - 2 games per week
- Two 25 minute halves with a 5 minute half time
- Typical game start times: 6:15pm, 7:00pm, 7:30pm, 8:15pm, 9:00pm and 9:30pm
- One official per game
Note: No weather related game make-ups in Summer Heat.
Summer Heat Rules
• All TASL Summer Heat league players must be at least 18 years of age to participate.
• Players between the ages of 16 and 18 can play with signed parental consent on a team in which their parent is playing. Please contact the TASL office.
• The standard game format is 7 vs. 7 (6 players plus a goalkeeper).
• Coed teams must have two (2) females on the field at all times (see exceptions below).
• Team rosters must have a minimum of 12 players.
• ALL players must have proof of identification at the field to present to the official.
• It is mandatory for players to wear shin guards at all games.
• There is only one official for summer heat games and the fee is paid by TASL.
• Team Captains must provide the official a TASL Game Day Roster prior to the start of the game.
• There are no make-ups or rain dates in Summer Heat.
Standard FIFA Laws of the Game are enforced with these exceptions:
• No Slide Tackling allowed in any division. A mandatory caution (yellow card as a minimum) is required for any infraction. Multiple infractions will result in additional sanctions.
• No offside fouls.
• A team is a “forfeit” if it cannot field five (5) players five minutes after the scheduled start time.
• The play from the Goalkeeper's hand – punt, parry, throw, or drop-kick, must touch the ground or a player prior to crossing the half-field line. An indirect free kick is awarded at the half line for any infraction. If a goalkeeper receives a pass with their feet, they are considered a field player and MAY play the ball over half field.
• Goal kicks can be taken from anywhere within the penalty area but must touch either the ground or a player prior to crossing the half-field line. An indirect free kick is awarded at the half.
• The match length will be two twenty-five minute halves with a five-minute interval.
• COED LEAGUE RULES: A minimum of two (2) women & a maximum of five (5) men comprise a team. If there is only one (1) female on the field, the team must play with six (6) players (1 woman and 5 men). If there are no female players in the play at any time, then the game is a forfeit.
• ALL goals are worth one point regardless of gender or age.
• Yes, a Penalty Kick may be awarded and are allowed to be called by the referee.
• Yes, a Direct Kick may be called.
• Yes, there are Throw-Ins.
• Yes, yellow and red cards will be issued to players when required.
• No off-sides. • No free substitution – FIFA Rules apply.
• Goal kick distribution must stay within the half-field.
- Includes a Summer Heat Tee Shirt and registration with the North Carolina Adult Soccer Association.
- Online credit card payment is available during registration. If you do not pay online, please submit your payment to TASL.
Veteran Players: $85
Veteran players must have played in TASL in Fall 2017 or Spring 2018 season.
New Players: $105
Did not play in TASL in the Fall 2017 or Spring 2018 season.
NEED A TEAM? Register as a player that "Does Not Have a Team".
Players without a team are not guaranteed placement but we will make every effort to find a team for you!
- If you played last summer - go ahead and register!
- If your team is new, submit the team name and division of play to TASL by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- After the team name is posted on the website, the Team Captain will register the team.
- TASL will then activate the team so that players can begin to register.
- All players must be 18 years of age.
- It is recommended that players pay by credit card online!
- If you are joining a specific team, make sure the captain has given you permission to join.
- Players must register for each team that they play on.
- Captains must also register as a player if they plan to play.
- Players without a team must select "Do Not Have a Team". You will be contacted by the office with team information.
Player Fee: If you register and do not pay your registration fee initially, you can return later and pay the player fee online!
However! You are not considered a valid player on a roster until you have paid the fee. Pay by May 21st to make sure that you have a tee shirt for the first game!