SUMMER HEAT 2023!
REGISTRATION IS NOW OPEN!
2023 IMPORTANT DATES
- All teams need 12 paid players on roster by MAY 22nd in order to be included in the schedule.
- Players must be registered by MAY 26th to be guaranteed a tee shirt for the first game.
- June 12th - Summer Heat begins
- July 3rd - July 6th – No games
- July 27th – Summer Heat ends
CHECK OUT OUR OFFERINGS THIS SUMMER!
ALL TEAMS MUST EMAIL YOUR TEAM NAME AND DIVISION OF PLAY TO firstname.lastname@example.org TO GET THE BALL ROLLING!
DIVISIONS, PLAY DAYS & FEES
Player registration includes a Summer Heat Tee Shirt!
NCASA State Fee - NEW PLAYERS, that did not play this spring, will pay the $30 state fee. This fee is paid once per year and is good through 2023.
TASL LEAGUE FEES (does not include state fee):
Men's 1, Men's 2, Men's 3, Men Over 30: 7 vs. 7 format, 50 minute games, twice a week on Tuesday & Thursday, standard SH format, $85
Mens Open 11s: IS FULL! 11 vs. 11 format, 90 minute games, full field, once per week on either a Tuesday or a Thursday, 3 officials, $75
Men Over 55: pick-up format, 90 minutes, once per week on Wednesday, select the team The Nifty Fifty Fives! $75
Coed 1, Coed 2, Coed 3, Coed 4: 7 vs. 7 format, 50 minute games, twice a week on Monday & Wednesday, standard SH format, $85
Coed Recreation: 7 vs. 7 format, games once a week on either a Tuesday or a Thursday, standard SH format, $45
"1" is the most advanced level for the more serious competitors; "2" and "3" are intermediate level for those in between; "4" is the lower level for those that just want to play and have fun. Note: Alternate game days may occasionally be required.
MUST HAVE CAPTAINS PERMISSION TO SIGN UP FOR A GAME DAY!
Click on the link below, then click on VIEW SCHEDULES. Find your team name and click on the team. Use the Register as a guest link to the right of the game!
- Teams must have 12 paid players before they are allowed to add a Guest Player.
- ALL players must be 18 years of age before June 12, 2023, NO EXCEPTIONS.
- Game Day Fees are $7.50 per game.
- Tee shirts are not provided for Guest Players. Captains should ask guest players to bring a similar color tee shirt to wear.
- NEW players must pay the $30 state player fee (one time) if they did not play in the Spring season
- Players must register for EACH game day by 4PM or sooner so the captain can print the roster before game time.
NEED A TEAM? REGISTER AS A FREE AGENT
Players without a team are not guaranteed placement but we will make every effort to find a team for you!
Register ASAP for the player pool. No fees required until you actually join a team.
The captains go to the player pool to find additional players so the sooner you register, the better your chances are to find a team!
see maps for the WRAL Soccer Park & Wake Competition Center
STANDARD SH GAME FORMAT
- Twelve (12) game season - 2 games per week
- Two 25 minute halves with a 5 minute half time
- Typical game start times: 6:15pm, 7:00pm, 7:30pm, 8:15pm, 9:00pm and 9:30pm
- One official per game
- Note: No weather related game make-ups in Summer Heat.
SUMMER HEAT RULES OF PLAY
- All TASL Summer Heat league players must be at least 18 years of age to participate. NO EXCEPTIONS.
- The standard game format is 7 vs. 7 (6 players plus a goalkeeper).
- Coed teams must have two (2) females on the field at all times (see exceptions below).
- Minimum of 5 players to start a game. Four or less players is a forfeit. No female players on a coed team is a forfeit.
- Team rosters must have a minimum of 12 players.
- It is mandatory for players to wear shin guards at all games.
- There is only one official for summer heat games and the fee is paid by TASL.
- Team Captains must provide the official a TASL Game Day Roster prior to the start of the game.
- There are no make-ups or rain dates in Summer Heat.
- ALL players must have proof of identification at the field to present to the official.
Standard FIFA Laws of the Game are enforced with these exceptions:
NO SLIDE TACKLING allowed in any division. A mandatory caution (yellow card as a minimum) is required for any infraction. Multiple infractions will result in additional sanctions.
No offside in 7 vs 7 format.
A team is a “forfeit” if it cannot field five (5) players five minutes after the scheduled start time.
The play from the Goalkeeper's hand – punt, parry, throw, or drop-kick, must touch the ground or a player prior to crossing the half-field line. An indirect free kick is awarded at the half line for any infraction. Does not apply to 11 vs 11 play.
If a goalkeeper receives a pass with their feet, they are considered a field player and MAY play the ball over half field.
Goal kicks can be taken from anywhere within the penalty area but must touch either the ground or a player prior to crossing the half-field line. An indirect free kick is awarded at the half. Does not apply to 11 vs 11 play.
The match length for 7 vs. 7 will be two twenty-five minute halves with a five-minute interval.
COED LEAGUE RULES: A minimum of two (2) women & a maximum of five (5) men comprise a team. If there is only one (1) female on the field, the team must play with six (6) players (1 woman and 5 men). If there are no female players in the play at any time, then the game is a forfeit.
ALL goals are worth one point regardless of gender or age.
Yes, a Penalty Kick may be awarded and are allowed to be called by the referee.
Yes, a Direct Kick may be called.
Yes, there are Throw-Ins.
Yes, yellow and red cards will be issued to players when required. Red cards result in loss of games!
No off-sides in 7 vs. 7 format.
No free substitution – FIFA Rules apply.
Goal kick distribution must stay within the half-field for 7 vs 7 play.