SUMMER HEAT 2020
Summer Heat – The TASL Board met virtually last week and discussed our position on the summer season. It is so difficult to plan anything. We are tracking directives from government and soccer entities, working with field partners on availability and exploring options such as half-season (July only). We expect return to play protocol to be different.
The bottom line is we do not expect the summer heat season to happen, BUT if things change we will be ready! We will email the league if things improve and we think that we can get part of the summer season in. And you should be ready to fast track it! If we get the green light, we will compress the registration and scheduling cycles and get you back on the field asap.
2020 IMPORTANT DATES COVID 19 - STAY TUNED FOR ANY UPDATES
- All teams need 12 paid players on roster in order to be included in the schedule.
- Players must be registered by this date to be guaranteed a tee shirt for the first game!
- June 8th – suspended - Summer Heat begins
- June 29th - July 3rd – No games
- July 23rd – suspended - Summer Heat ends
- Men's 1, Men's 2, Men's 3 and Men Over 60
- Coed levels: Coed 1/2, Coed 3, Coed 4, Coed 5, Coed 6, Coed 7
"1" and "2" are the most advanced levels for the more serious competitors
"3" and "4" and "5" are intermediate levels
"6" and "7" are advanced recreational
ALL players must be 18 years of age by June 8th, 2020. NO Exceptions.
Tuesday/Thursday: Men's 1, 2 and 3; Coed 3, Coed 4 and Coed 5
Wednesday: Men Over 60
Monday/Wednesday: Coed 1/2 and Coed 6 and Coed 7
Note: Alternate game days may occasionally be required.
Guest (Substitute) Players
Based on popular request, we have opened up our "SUBSTITUTE PLAYER" program for the summer season based on the following:
- Teams must have 12 paid players before they are allowed to add a Sub Player.
Sub Players must be 18 years of age before June 8, 2020, NO EXCEPTIONS.
- There are TWO steps to registering a Sub: 1. Player must register and pay the $30 state player fee if they did not play in the Spring season AND 2. Player must register for EACH game day ($7.50 per game) in which they will be playing..
- Game Day Fees are $7.50 per game.
- Tee shirts are not provided for Sub Players.
FIELDS see maps for the WRAL Soccer Park & Wake Competition Center
FORMAT: 7 vs. 7
- Minimum roster size is 12 players
- Coed teams must have 2 females on the field at all times
- Minimum of 5 players to start a game. Four or less players is a forfeit. No female players on a coed team is a forfeit.
- Twelve (12) game season - 2 games per week
- Two 25 minute halves with a 5 minute half time
- Typical game start times: 6:15pm, 7:00pm, 7:30pm, 8:15pm, 9:00pm and 9:30pm
- One official per game
Note: No weather related game make-ups in Summer Heat.
Summer Heat Rules
• All TASL Summer Heat league players must be at least 18 years of age to participate. NO EXCEPTIONS.
• The standard game format is 7 vs. 7 (6 players plus a goalkeeper).
• Coed teams must have two (2) females on the field at all times (see exceptions below).
• Team rosters must have a minimum of 12 players.
• ALL players must have proof of identification at the field to present to the official.
• It is mandatory for players to wear shin guards at all games.
• There is only one official for summer heat games and the fee is paid by TASL.
• Team Captains must provide the official a TASL Game Day Roster prior to the start of the game.
• There are no make-ups or rain dates in Summer Heat.
Standard FIFA Laws of the Game are enforced with these exceptions:
• No Slide Tackling allowed in any division. A mandatory caution (yellow card as a minimum) is required for any infraction. Multiple infractions will result in additional sanctions.
• No offside fouls.
• A team is a “forfeit” if it cannot field five (5) players five minutes after the scheduled start time.
• The play from the Goalkeeper's hand – punt, parry, throw, or drop-kick, must touch the ground or a player prior to crossing the half-field line. An indirect free kick is awarded at the half line for any infraction. If a goalkeeper receives a pass with their feet, they are considered a field player and MAY play the ball over half field.
• Goal kicks can be taken from anywhere within the penalty area but must touch either the ground or a player prior to crossing the half-field line. An indirect free kick is awarded at the half.
• The match length will be two twenty-five minute halves with a five-minute interval.
• COED LEAGUE RULES: A minimum of two (2) women & a maximum of five (5) men comprise a team. If there is only one (1) female on the field, the team must play with six (6) players (1 woman and 5 men). If there are no female players in the play at any time, then the game is a forfeit.
• ALL goals are worth one point regardless of gender or age.
• Yes, a Penalty Kick may be awarded and are allowed to be called by the referee.
• Yes, a Direct Kick may be called.
• Yes, there are Throw-Ins.
• Yes, yellow and red cards will be issued to players when required.
• No off-sides. • No free substitution – FIFA Rules apply.
• Goal kick distribution must stay within the half-field.
2020 PLAYER FEES
- Includes a Summer Heat Tee Shirt and registration with the North Carolina Adult Soccer Association.
- Online credit card payment is available during registration. Payment must be made at the time of registration.
Veteran Players: $85
Veteran players must have played in the current TASL Spring season from February to May.
New Players: $105
Did not play in TASL in the current Spring season.
NEED A TEAM? Register as a player that "Does Not Have a Team".
Players without a team are not guaranteed placement but we will make every effort to find a team for you!
- If you played last summer - go ahead and register!
- If your team is new, submit the team name and division of play to TASL by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- After the team name is posted on the website, the Team Captain will register the team.
- TASL will then activate the team so that players can begin to register.
- All players must be 18 years of age.
- Players MUST pay by credit card online when they first register.
- If you are joining a specific team, make sure the captain has given you permission to join.
- Players must register for each team that they play on.
- Captains must also register as a player if they plan to play.
- Players without a team must select "Do Not Have a Team". You will be contacted by the office with team information.