Nominations are now open for the position of Division Representative.
Nominations will be accepted from Monday, January 23rd through Sunday, January 29th by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
The election of Division Representatives, via email to the Team Captains in the division of play, will begin on January 31st
and end on February 6th.
Election results will be posted on the TASL website by February 10th and the new Division Representatives will take office on February 18th.
The TASL Board of Directors approved a Bylaw revision on January 18, 2017 updating the languague in Article VI regarding the Board of Directors for the Corporation. The justification for the change was to adjust the number of Division Representatives to allow a representative to represent more than one playing division. For example, there could be one Division Representative for Coed I and Coed II or one Representative for Men's I and Men's II. One additional change involved the time frame of the election of Division Representatives and their term of office.
The revised language for Article VI, Section 2.a.i is as follows:
Division Representatives will be required for the following divisions of play as long as there are active teams in each division: Men's Open, Men's Overs, Women, Coed and Coed Over 30. The number of Division Representatives will be determined by the Board of Directors based upon the number of active teams in a division.
The revised language for Article VI, Section 2.a.ii is as follows:
At least one (1) player from each active division, as determined by the Board of Directors, shall be elected as Division Representative by receiving a majority vote of the registered captains/managers (or designee) of each team in the applicable division.
The revised language for Article VI, Section 2.b.i is as follows:
Each Division Representative shall hold office for a one (1) year term, beginning on the first day of the spring season and ending on the day before the start of the spring season of the following year, or, if no replacement has been elected or appointed, as applicable, at such time, then until his or her successor shall have been elected or appointed, as applicable, and qualified.
A summary of the TASL By Laws that pertain to the Division Representative election are as follows:
- The Division Representative MUST be registered in the TASL playing division that they would represent.
- No member of the Board may be elected to serve two positions and thus have more than one vote on the Board of Directors.
- Each Division Representative shall hold office for a one year term beginning on the first day of the spring season and ending on the day before the start of the spring season of the following year .
- Election results will be posted on the website once verified after the conclusion of the election.
- TASL Board members are unpaid volunteers but there is a playing credit policy.
- The Division Representative will be elected by majority vote of the Team Captains in the playing division.
RESPONSIBILITIES: Division Representatives attend monthly TASL Board meetings and participate on at least one designated Committee. They also represent their playing division through regular communication with the Team Captains and players in their division.